Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Welcome to Cute Plus Sizes!
Whenever I walk into a big department store, I look for the larger sized women's clothing. It's usually tucked away in the back of the store, or upstairs. I find myself scanning everything, and looking for the ugliest stuff. That's where the "Plus Sizes" are... a collection of ugly patterns, matronly and shapeless styles, things I definitely don't want to wear... it's a section of the store that obviously isn't the store's priority. Why is it this way, I wonder? Especially since the average size in the U.S. is a 14. Even when a store miraculously has some stylish things available, the choices are very few. Thankfully, there are more choices than ever now that Internet shopping is a possibility, and some companies are realizing that attractive plus sized clothing is in demand. But they still can be hard to find. This site was created out of my frustration with the way things still are in most brick and mortar stores, and to help make shopping inspiring and fun for those of us 14+. Styles that flatter larger figures will be featured and 'curated' here on my style boards, along with fun accessories. I hope you enjoy my posts, and if you have comments about the items listed, or suggestions, please share! Happy shopping! :)

cuteplussizes.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment